Wednesday, May 6, 2015

7 stages you experience at your 1st concert



                                   





The Script is an Irish indie pop band consisting of 3 members. I’ve been their fan since 2012, when their third studio album called #3 was released in 2012. Being someone relatively open to any type songs let it be country, pop, rock, techno and even hard metal, I found that for some reason or another their songs seemed to be really meaningful with their choice of words and the way they project a love story through their lyrics and this includes their love for people, parents, lover, country etc. After seeing some of their concerts in YouTube, I’ve always wondered if I could one day participate in such concert. 

Check this out!
The Script homecoming concert in Dublin


They say dreams do come true and what do you know after the release of their 4th album entitled ‘No Sound without Silence’ in 2014, they decided to have an Asian tour. I was filled joy and was not going to let this opportunity pass by. It was my very first concert and felt lucky enough that it will be the concert of my favourite band. These are the experience I felt during my first concert:

1)      The Relive stage

The Script is not really the talked about band and their songs are barely known among our society let alone my peers. I really had literally no one to share their songs that I like with. Hence, the journey to Stadium Malawati, Shah Alam where the concert was held, was exciting but also the feeling of discontent. Was hoping for a big crowd to get a great atmosphere and was overjoyed to see the amount of people gathered around the stadium minutes before the start. Finally, I was able to console myself that I was not the only one who liked this band a lot and that there are many just like me.


2)      The Waiting stage

This is when you feel that time has stood still on you. The half an hour-an hour wait will seem to be like ages by just staring at the empty stage. Thankfully, Colton Avery, a singer and songwriter from Phoenix, U.S entertained us with few songs to kill the time. He was pretty good as well.



Colton Avery performing few songs

3)      The Arrival stage

I’ve always been described by most of my friends as someone who shows lack of emotions and excitement. I don’t know why, it’s just my nature and I was the same when the Script was about to make their entrance. Everyone was going wild. They surprised the crowd by walking through us and for the first time, I totally lost it as they were just in touching distance of me, as I was lucky enough to be standing right at the path. Never knew that I can actually be this excited. Literally, screamed my heart out. That feeling when you actually get to see the people you admire up close and personal, indescribable.

The Script walking through the crowd en route to the stage




4)      The First Song stage

This is when you realise how it feels to be in a crowded live concert. The intense atmosphere of the crowd matching the high energy levels of The Script with them playing ‘Paint the Town Green’ as the curtain raiser. They are from Dublin, Ireland with the native colour of green. It is a good gesture and symbol of not forgetting your roots no matter how successful you have become. Hence, paint the town green!



Lead member, Danny O'Donoghue


The Script performing 'If You Could See Me Now'

5)      The Favourite song stage

      Well, we all have one most favourite song in the band we love. In my case, it’s ‘The Man Who Can’t Be Moved’ a track from their very first album. Judging by the response of the crowd when they played the song seems to be everyone’s favourite too. It was best moment of the night in which you’ll wish that it doesn’t end. Hearing the track in mp3 is vastly different when seeing them performing in the live stage. That being said, there is always that one song that we’ve never heard before. Just try your best to go with the flow if it happens or else you make look really silly.




The Script posing while wearing the 'songkok'


6)      The Last Song stage

The Script saved their best hit song till date for the very last to end the night with a bang with the track ‘Hall of Fame’. At this point, you probably would have lost all your voice. A cry of ‘WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE’ were chanted by the crowd after the breathtaking finale but knowing a great night has eventually come to an end.




                                                    

Drummer, Glen Power

7)      The Departing stage

Like a big rock falling onto you, the reality check hits you hard again. It is time to store this beautiful experience behind you and face the daily routine of life again. Some fans stayed back and did the humming tune for the track ‘No Good in Goodbye’ that can be heard outside the stadium as I was rushing back to take a cab to catch the last train back to my university. The Script promised the fans that they will be back within 2 years and the Malaysian Script Family will be waiting eagerly for it I bet. Thank you The Script, till we meet again.



By Ivan Vincent


2 comments:

  1. Concert experiences are just one of their kind and this was a very good write up on the experience. I can't wait to attend my next concert, after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a concert before but this sounds freaking cool.. I need to go to a live concert soon!!

    ReplyDelete